Life goes on amid COVID-19. Despite challenges, the Bank continues to monitor the evolving situation and will implement further initiatives as needed. You will find the measures taken so far below. Meanwhile, new measures are published here as more services are affected.
The Bank is continuously monitoring the evolving situation and will implement further measures as needed. This page will be updated as new measures are taken and more services are affected.
Health and hygiene measures
- Only a limited number of customers can enter the branches to avoid crowding in confined spaces. Please bear with us; we request your patience if you have to wait for your turn outside the branch premises.
- Once inside, please maintain a distance of one (1) meter from fellow customers and Metrobankers.
- Branches, offices, ATMs, and CAMs are extensively disinfected on a strict schedule.
- Alcohol-based sanitizers are available at all entrances and comfort rooms.
- Metrobankers with flu-like symptoms are mandated to stay home and asked to seek the appropriate medical care.
- Transacting customers as well as Metrobankers will receive constant reminders on proper personal hygiene.
Metrobank is also taking the following actions to provide assistance to our customers:
- Daily limit increased to PHP 50,000.
- Fees on transfers to other bank accounts is PHP 25 per transaction.
- Daily limit increased to PHP 200,000.
- Fees on transfers to other bank accounts is PHP 100 per transaction.
- All Metrobank Car Loan and Home Loan clients with payment due date from March 16 to June 15, 2020 are qualified for the grace period program.
- All late payment fees for this period will be waived or reversed.
- Post-dated checks deposited for this period will be deposited on the next payment due date together with the regular amortization.
- Auto-debit arrangements have been turned off from March 20 to June 15, 2020.
Read the FAQs for Grace Period for home, car loans, and credit card payments
- PESONet cut-off moved from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
- Same banking day transfer happens when made before 3:00 PM. Transfers made after 3:00 PM will happen next day.
Metrobank Business Online Solutions (MBOS)
- Cut-off time for Manager’s Check clearing moved to 2:00 PM
- Cut-off time for Corporate Check clearing moved to 2:00 PM
- Cut-off time for Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) moved to 1:00 PM
- Cut off time for Gross Settlement Real Time (GSRT) moved to 1:00 PM
- Cut-off time for Philippine Domestic Dollar Transfer System (PDDTS) moved to 1:00 PM